I do enjoy watching Penn Staters on Sundays
The NFL Draft was held this past week, and all told, six Nittany Lions heard their names called to go and play on Sundays:
- Micah Parsons – Dallas Cowboys , 1st round
- Odafe (Jayson) Oweh – Baltimore Ravens , 1st round
- Pat Freiermuth – Pittsburgh Steelers , 2nd round
- Shaka Toney – Washington Football Team , 7th round
- Michal Menet – Arizona Cardinals , 7th round
- Will Fries – Indianapolis Colts , 7th round
So MMQB asks – which Penn Stater drafted has the best fit at the next level?
As much as it pains me to say it, I think Parsons landed at perhaps the best spot he could. Since being drafted, the Cowboys have all but confirmed that he’ll be used as an EDGE defender in a 3-4 defense, and will stay on the field when they switch to a 4-3 nickel defense in obvious passing downs.
Letting Micah just hang out on the field, and use his unique blend of size and strength to play as a hybrid DE/LB is pretty much what he was born to do. As a Giants fan, I am none too pleased by this development.
But what do you think? Are there other draftees that will really pop in their new digs?